Healthy Breakfast Vegetable Skillet
Y’all probably thought I was playing when I said I was going to try to post healthier recipes.
Well, I ain’t playing.
If there is one thing that bothers me most, it’s when people say they’re going to do something and they don’t.
That shit really gets under my skin. If you don’t plan on doing it, then don’t say you’re going to do it. Simple as that. Nobody cares.
But by saying you’re going to do something without doing it, you’re just doing a disservice to others and more importantly yourself.
So, let’s keep our word, people. Ok?
At any rate, back to being healthy as hell. I’ve had variations of this vegetable skillet when going out to breakfast with friends. It’s usually me ordering a veggie scramble without the egg and then comes a plate full of vegetables.
Not surprisingly, it’s delicious. And not only that, but I always feel great having eating it. I don’t feel overstuffed, I have energy and I’m super content.
Before I get into the logistics of the recipe, I have to note that I’m dumb and didn’t write down the ratio for the salty lemon-infused tofu.
The other day I basically just crumbled a package of tofu and loaded it with salt and the juice of 2 lemons. I have been using it sort of as a salty cheese on top of certain meals. It’s subtle on the dish, but perfect for a little extra pizzazz.
Oh yea, Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
Ingredients You’ll Need
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic
2 shallots, diced
1 white potato, diced
2 cups cauliflower, sliced
1 zucchini, diced
½ 15 oz. can navy beans, rinsed and drained
fresh ground pepper
1 avocado, pitted and sliced
cilantro for garnish
tofu crumbles soaked in lemon juice and salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place diced potatoes and olive oil in a medium cast-iron skillet and turn the heat to medium. (I feel like the potatoes cook better when they heat up with the oil.)
- While potatoes are cooking, add garlic and shallots. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Toss in zucchini and navy beans.
- After a few minutes, remove the cast-iron skillet from the stove top and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Top with avocado, pepper and tofu crumbles.
- Garnish with cilantro and eat.